Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
shadorne’s take on this issue is ridiculous. I don’t care how good a specific piece of equipment is, or how great the entire system is ... significant improvements can be made with the proper tweaks. In looking at shadorne's system, I can readily see a number of changes that would improve his sound significantly ... without adding any tweaks at all. Then add the good tweaks and he'd finally be a believer. . 

Frank
I believe we should hold component manufacturers to a minimum standard that is certainly higher than what is being accepted. I believe that it is NOT right that excessive amounts of tweaks should be necessary. If it is necessary then I really think one should question the original quality of the components. How can one say a component is excellent and high-fidelity if it cannot reliably and consistently produce audio accurately and with fidelity?

I am questioning the fundamental philosophy around building a system. I am not trashing. Just questioning the choices being made. 

Should we really accept that an infinite number of tweaks are necessary for equipment to work well? Or should we demand a higher standard?

shadorne sez ...
  • "I believe we should hold component manufacturers to a minimum standard that is certainly higher than what is being accepted."

How much more are you willing to pay for that "higher minimum standard?"

• "If it is necessary then I really think one should question the original quality of the components."

Should equipment manufacturers be responsible for the abnormalities in your room? Abnormalities that can be cured with certain tweaks?

• " I am questioning the fundamental philosophy around building a system. I am not trashing. Just questioning the choices being made. "

As I said above, I could easily improve the sound of your costly system with a few simple suggestions without using any tweaks. Add the tweaks, and your jaw would hit the ground. This, with YOUR existing system, not my system.

• "Should we really accept that an infinite number of tweaks are necessary for equipment to work well? Or should we demand a higher standard?"

That’s two questions. First, yes, we should accept that tweaks are necessary based upon positive reviews that have come before. Manufacturers can’t afford to apply the tweaks mentioned in these threads. For one thing, they don’t even know about many of these tweaks. Even if they did, the price of including them would be about four times what they cost the manufacturer and what they would cost you if you bought them on your own. Everything is marked up along the production and sales line. For example, if it cost a manufacture $2,500 to make a line stage, its sold to the dealer for $5,000. The dealer then retails the unit for $10,000. That’s reality.

Second, yes we should demand a higher standard, and that’s what we do every time we plunk our money down for a component. Manufacturers build within a price point. Don’t want to sound redundant here, but how much more are you willing to pay for that "higher standard?" Most audio manufacturers have "flag ship" components for sale. Buy the "flag ship" models shadorne ... and you still haven’t dealt with room problems, vibration problems or any of the other myriad of problems created throughout this hobby that can be cured by tweaking.

My suggestion is, if you haven’t heard the results of tweaks for yourself shadorne, then do so. Until you do, you’re just flying blind on these pages and talking out of your ....

Oh never mind.

Frank

Oregonpappa,

Thank you for your reply.

I applied the TC to the 3 dedicated circuit breakers to my stereo system, and I have not removed it. I know Tim says he gave me enough for a whole system but its just not there. I did clean the brush after applying it perhaps that was a mistake. However, there is very little (if any) left.

The Omega mat was in place for 2 weeks before I removed it. It has now been in place again for a week.

I noticed that you have Legacy Focus Signature version speakers. I at one time owned the Legacy Focus.
For the amount of money you had invested in the 30 mats you could have easily purchased the Legacy Aries speakers. Now that would have been a sure upgrade for you.
I think that’s where shadorne and others including myself for that matter are coming from. Improvement of the core components over spending thousands of dollars on a tweak is a better cost option.

P.S. I am looking at the Audio Research Ref 6 preamp.

ozzy

@ozzy

Did you try to get other tweaks off from your system and try again the Mat ? It seems some tweks are not Emat compatible 
when you cleaned the TC brush, did you use only water ?