Golden Ear or Elac?

Regardless of price for speakers, ELAC or GoldenEar?
chris_focal
@stereo5  who cares what the post was specifically about !!! Just a little sensitive aren't we ?? Red Sox yeah sure best in the league BIlly Buckner !!! Owned 20 years ago says it all !!! 
@hifiman5 …………………………………

Yes seriously. I bought it from Ocean State Audio which sold Krell, Aragon, Vandersteen, Proac, Well Tempered, etc. It was a 2 way floorstanding speaker with a 7 or 8 inch woofer and a dome tweeter. Never could get it to sound the way I liked.  They just didn't do Rock well. I suffered for 2 years with them before I moved to Vandersteen 3A speakers. As the dealer didn’t take trade ins, I had to sell them locally by putting a Classified in the Providence Journal. I just remembered now (actually my wife corrected me) I had these speakers from 1990-1992 so it is more than 20 years.
@mets1p...…………………..

Buckner was an embarrassment that day and should not have been playing.  Clemens over pitched too many fastballs and Calvin Shiraldi was too inexperienced  to be the closer in such an BIG game.  I didn't sleep for a week after that and didn't follow the Sox for 10 years as punishment.  All is forgiven now.  You are right, I should lighten up.