Golden Ear or Elac?

Regardless of price for speakers, ELAC or GoldenEar?
chris_focal
@mets1p...……………………………

The post specifically asks about Elac and Golden Ear. I don’t see Proac mentioned anywhere. I owned Proac about 20 years ago. The words slow, thick and British Sound comes to mind. No thank you!  BTW, Red Sox rule.  Best record in both leagues.
@stereo5  who cares what the post was specifically about !!! Just a little sensitive aren't we ?? Red Sox yeah sure best in the league BIlly Buckner !!! Owned 20 years ago says it all !!! 
@hifiman5 …………………………………

Yes seriously. I bought it from Ocean State Audio which sold Krell, Aragon, Vandersteen, Proac, Well Tempered, etc. It was a 2 way floorstanding speaker with a 7 or 8 inch woofer and a dome tweeter. Never could get it to sound the way I liked.  They just didn't do Rock well. I suffered for 2 years with them before I moved to Vandersteen 3A speakers. As the dealer didn’t take trade ins, I had to sell them locally by putting a Classified in the Providence Journal. I just remembered now (actually my wife corrected me) I had these speakers from 1990-1992 so it is more than 20 years.