Does anyone have any experience of hybrid valve and solid state power amps?

Hi guys

I ask this question because I recently had a listen to a JE Audio Dyad S400 power amp. I was very impressed by its performance, but, correct me if I'm wrong there don't seem to be many hybrids around, or are there?

What are your thoughts on how they compare to other designs?

bazb
Vincent audio SV -237. Great amp and when you factor in cost it's even a better bargain.
I’ve had both an Aesthetix Calypso and then a new Aesthetix Janus driving an Atlas with very good results on Thiel 2.4s. I am contemplating selling the Atlas...its a beast which at age 60 I'm tired of wrestling...so I had been looking to Bel Canto but was disappointed in the Ref 600s I trialed for a week. That led me back to solid state gear. At the moment I am utterly shocked that I’m liking the Bryston cubed amps which are sweet an delicate completely UNLIKE what I experienced a few years ago with the Bryston Squared series which I hated...very very harsh and metallic upper midrange. I’m also seeking to somehow trial a Pass Amp.  Both of which of course would just put be back into another 100 pounds amp but I'm looking for bullet proof and I think both the Bryston and Pass products are pretty much that.  But back to your question the hybrid tube front-end with the solid state driver stage on the Atlas was a very very good design involving Jim White. The amp has absolutely top quality parts and some innovative engineering in it. Consider an Atlas. It has not been trouble free though ... its in California right now getting a new board that developed a short. It will come back good as new to Atlanta soon I hope.  I may or may not sell it.  Still pondering.