Seeking informed advice on speaker acquisition (Vandersteen vs. OHM Walsh)

I bought a used pair of Vandersteen 2CEs about 6 months ago. They sound great to my relatively uninformed ears, but I would like to step it up. The Vandys are 25+ years old.
I have two speakers under consideration and would like input from individuals who have heard both. I am considering upgrading the Vandys to the 2CE Signature II model. I am sure the improvements in the last quarter century will greatly enhance my listening experience. The other speaker I am considering is an Ohm Walsh 2000. I have read many rave reviews on the Ohm Walsh and am seeking input from those who have heard both.

I would also like to hear from those who have heard both speakers, but have an alternative in mind. My budget cap is $3000. I prefer to buy a new pair, but I am not opposed to acquiring a used offering in great condition. I am in the Atlanta area if anyone has a used pair for sale.

My room specs are 18 x 15 with 7 foot ceilings.
System:Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II; Merrill Super12 Polytable; Oppo UDP-203; Parks Audio Hybrid Budgie phono
arturos73
+1 for Ohm Walsh's! I have a pair of the Sound Cylinders. They do sound amazing! 3-D imaging, performers right in the room! I own many speakers, the Walsh's might surpass them all!!
I am a Vandy owner and a bit of a fanboy. 
I also like the sound of Ohm speakers.
For me, it would depend upon the situation.
For critical listening and precise presentation, the Vandersteen's would be my choice.
If you want a more general presentation with room filling sound, the Ohm's would be a way to go.
Not that the Ohm's can't present a soundstage, the Vandersteen's use phase and time alignment, which produces a very coherent sound. The Ohm's are more like a direct/refecting speaker (think Bose)-The sound is nice and diffuse.
Just my 2 cents...
Bob
We just became Vandersteen dealers. Vandy 3A Signatures baby !
sunnyaudiovideo.com
Post removed 
Like Tomic said you can listen to the Vandies at Alan's but with Ohm you will have to take advantage of their 120 day trial.  For the money the 2CE Sig will be hard to beat if your room will allow proper setup.  I have a pair of 2CE Sigs that have been boxed up since I bought a pair of Treo's from Alan four years ago that I just haven't been all that motivated to sell.  Another relatively unknown gem with a similar sonic signature to the 2CE Sig is the Odyssey Lorelei.