"Best" bookshelf/monitor for low-power amp?

I'm looking for recommendations to mate to a low-power 30wpc Red Wine 30.2 amp.

I was thinking moderately priced (no more than $5k used) high-efficiency monitors, for probably near-field-like listening. For a home-office application, so space is an issue and big ol' floorstanders will be too much. Digital audio only (via a DAC). Mix of music, jazz, classical, lots of female vocalists. Some rock for good measure. Okay, so, a little bit of everything. :-)

Room is 12x10x9 with glass on 3 sides (windows on 2, french doors on 3rd). Speakers will be able to be 2-3 ft from wall, bracketing french doors, shooting down longest axis at windows (with me and desk directly in front).

Currently on the chart, Zu Tone, GMA Callisto or Eos III. After that, I'm kinda stuck. I'd love to do something like a Harbeth SHL5 or Focal 1007 Be, but I'm worried that they'll just be "okay" with such a low powered amp (they're pretty inefficient).

Suggestions and input welcome. And yes, I know this is similar to other threads, but the caveat here is that I'm looking for "high-efficiency monitors" not just "best ever".

Thanks in advance ....
socrates7
Have you considered Merlins? For the last year, in my living room system, I've been using Merlin TSM Mmi with Master RCs and a Manley Stingray II. The room is 28x16x8, with another room attached in an L-shape. The Manley can be run in triode (18-20 watts) or ultralinear (36-40 watts). In this large room, triode is not quite enough--good at low volumes but loses gas at higher SPLs. Ultralinear powers them with ease. So I think your Redwine at 30 watts would be fine. The Merlins are very coherent, tonally true, great timbre, and outstanding imaging, and full, tight bass as low as they go, to around 50 hz. But with sealed cabinets they drop off gradually and blend easily with a sub. I use a small Von Schweikert with great results. They're a tube-friendly 6 ohm load. For years I was skeptical of the Merlin "cult" but these little monitors really are quite good. They can rock the room or play with exceptional delicacy. Worth considering.

Before the Merlins, I was using Omega Grande 8R, which are 96 db single-drivers, along with the sub. The Omegas are good, too, and more efficient but the Merlins are in a different league. The newer Omegas with the hemp drives are supposed to be better, so they're also worth considering if you want the coherency and efficiency of a single driver, which has a lot going for it.
I believe the Audio Physic Tempo may meet your needs. They don't seem that easy to drive on paper, but my dealer states he sold many to customers with tube amps. Never had a problem.

I have smaller APs - Yara Evolution Bookshelf - and absolutely love them.
Great suggestions -- keep 'em coming!

I think the PSB speakers are very nice, and I'm especially fond of the Synchrony One. But they're harder to drive than their specs suggest. Kinda like Focal 1008Be or Usher Tiny Dancer or B&W 805d -- all excellent brands, all excellent speakers. But all of those designs just do better with more watts than what most tube amps can put out.

Absolutely love the look of Sonus Faber, but thought they were all 4ohm speakers. The Toy Speaker seems to have upped the ante to 8ohms, which certainly makes it a contender. I'm a little concerned about the lack of bass, but I need to find out more about this one.

As for Tekton, Eric is working on something new right now: a compact 2-way that leverages a Fostex for most of the range. High sensitivity in a small footprint -- that should be very interesting. Eric does great work.

But all things being equal, the Joseph Audio Pulsars would have solved this "problem" for me. While they're not necessarily terribly sensitive (mid-80s), they sound so good I really don't even care. They're a bit big, however (17" tall), which makes them unsuitable for near field. I did have them here to try out, but I think their free air (read: not up against a wall or even a wall anywhere near their back) performance sounds best when you're sitting back from them, around 5', when all that bass integrates in. Then, they're pretty much untouchable. But again, I was hoping for something more compact in the 3' listening near field. I think less than 15" tall would do the trick perfectly.

Which precludes the Merlin TSM as too tall (16") for my use case. Full disclosure: I've owned several pairs of Merlin speakers and have sold them all.

Moving on to other bad experiences, single drivers, as a rule, do bad things at frequency extremes. This really can't be helped in that kind of design and those compromises tend to bug me. Love coherence (I have Maggies, so that's very familiar), love the mid range, but bass and treble tend to go to The Bad Place. Not ragging, just saying it's not really my cuppa.

The Yara from Audio Physic are only 4ohms, which makes them unsuitable for most tube amps (not all, just most), and I want something I can drive well with many different amps. The Step 25, however, is 8ohms. Need to check that one out, too.

I have a pair of Vaughn Loudspeaker Pinot Monitors on the way in, too. They're too tall (17") for my desktop, but they're 94dB and 8ohms. Fostex mid/woofer and a ribbon tweeter with a passive cone radiator. They may have all the "criteria" to make me reconsider my current layout. We'll see.

I also have a pair of Sjofn Hifi (the clue) being sent in for review. Those are really neat and are designed to work up against a wall. If they sound as good here as they did at RMAF, they may actually anchor a 3rd system.

As for amps, I love the Manley Stingray, and the Manley aesthetic, generally, but the line feels a bit expensive now. The Stingray is very ballsy, which is fun, but it is a bit large! Haven't ruled it out, but haven't really ruled it in, either.

I have a Red Wine Audio Signature 15 on loan right now (never did pull the trigger on the 30.2), but I'm looking for a tube amp to make the speakers go. Once I settle on the speakers, I'll start sorting out the amp. I have a few thoughts, including the following tube integrateds:

LM Audio 211 EL34
Almarro 318b
PrimaLuna DiaLogue Two
Decware Zen Torii
Luxman SQ-38u
Leben CS600
As a quick FYI, the Joseph Pulsars are only 15" tall per the Joseph website (I also just measured one of the pairs that I have here to double check).

They also do work quite well with moderately powered amps (I use a Manley Stingray or Cary SLI80 with them quite often here for demos)

Too bad they did not work for you in your near field setup. As you have noted, they are quite fantastic.

***Dealer disclaimer***
Triangle Titus or Comete fit the bill and could save you a lot of $$$s in the process. Maybe later add a sub with teh money saved if you feel a need.