Are B&W 805 sig the best imaging monitors ?

I went to my local dealer yesterday to hear some Thiels PCS. After listening to the Thiels for a while I switched to the 805 sigs.. My jaw fell on the floor at the soundstage. We were using CJ MV60, PV14L and a CARY CD. The Theils had a soundstage that was a mile deep with great pinpoint sound location. The 805 were just as deep and percise but also seemed to wrap the soundstage around the room. It was like what I would expect (but still haven't) hear in a multichannel recording. I was listening to SRV Riviera Paradise on just redbook. I wanted to buy the Theils.. Did my brain cells miss-fire or are these really that good? I also tried the non sig but they did not seem as good as the theils.. I was listening to a different track though...
btrvalik
To answer the question of the post, I would say there are better. Not from experience, just guessing. I would bet the Dynaudio Special 25 has a few advantages over the Sig 805 in the imaging department. For the money, I wouldn't think any monitor could walk all over the 805.
I listened to the Sig 805's a few months ago when I was browsing at my favorite audio store anmd was amazed at the sound coming out of them. I had always thought that when I eventually uprade my CDM7NT's it would be with 804's or something from Dynaudio. The experience of hearing the 805's just kind of stayed with me and about a month ago I went and ab'd them with the 804's-no comparison. Don't get me wrong the 804's sound very good, but it seems like there is a wall in front of the and the door opens when the 805's are working. I went home with the 805's and I am very happy with them.
Did you compair the sig 805 to the non sig 805 ? At first I thought the difference was due to the physical contruction issues of having the tweeter on the top of the box. It seemed like the non-sig didn't even come close but I did not have time to do an extensive A/B. In my experience, once you get to a certain level the differences from one product to the next are typically much more subtle than what I was hearing. It's not like Theil is clueless when it comes to imaging. I'm looking for some verification given the huge difference. I definitely need to do a much more extensive listening...
The 805 sigs are nice. They have an articulate sound. But the best imaging monitors hands down are the Sonus Faber Extremas. There in another Stratosphere.
I listened to the non Sig 805's, but at the time I had the Sig's at home on consignement, I was hoping that the std 805's would sound as good as the Sig's(big price diff.), but no dice. I kept the Signatures at home. I did audition Sonus Fabers, but they just didn't have the "magic" that I heard in the Signatures.
Save your money and try to hear or audition the Green MTN Europas...at $800..they simply embarrass the competition...and they image like nothing I have encountered...regardless of price...
At this stage I'll give anything a listen.. Do you have a pointer ? I could not find anything on the web.
Check Green Mountain Audio here(under manufacturers list)...and give Roy a call...he will treat u right....