CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Post removed 
I havent listened to LPs and have not had a TT in about 20 plus yrs. As i try to think back about the sound of the LP its very hard because of all the years of listening to cds. I do know that some cds sound alot better than other cds prob the way the recordings were made.  As i think back to my early days of playing LPs , i cant remember if some LPs played like cds, meaning do some LPs sound better than other LPs because of the recordings like cds sounding better than some other cds? Is that the case with LPs too? As i try to remember the sound of the LP to me all the LPs th sounded the same . Meaning the recordings on the LPs were very good. Now i am going by that i used to buy all my LPs in record stores 25 or so years ago. Same with all my cds back then too when the record stores didnt sell LPs no more and changed over to CDs. Now there are not even those old CDs stores anymore around. Just like back then when all the High End audio stores disappeared. I have no choice now than to buy CDs on line like on Ebay. Are those CDs that you buy on line now are the same digital quality as those bought in CD stores years ago? Sorry for a few different questions in this post but any feed back will be appreciated.And i hope im making sense.. Thnks . 
My opinion: The CD format will always kick the LP's ass when it comes to having the capability of providing better fidelity, greater dynamic range, clear channel separation, no surface noise, little mechanical (drive) noise and playing a media that last a really long time (as compared to records).

Does that mean that you will always like the sound of a CD better?  Don't think so.  But when people say "LP's sound better than digital," what they really are saying is "I like the sound of LP's better."  Because.....

Listening to records is an experience.  One upon which I was raised.

Today, the turntable is complicated looking and cool.  An LP is big, flat and interesting.  The album cover has tons of info and the paper sleeve is an added attraction.  the LP is carefully slid out of the sleeve making sure the fingers only touch the center label and the edge.  The vinyl sparkles when new and clean.  The manual turntable starts turning with a click and the tone arm is raised with the cuing lever. ..carefully moved to the desired starting positing and lowered by the dampened arm.  There is a satisfying sound as the needle first tracks in the grove...knowing that soon the music will start.  Vinyl record listing is not just about the music; it is about the whole experience. 

If you like records better, no one should have a problem with that....unless you follow with the nonsense phrase: "LP's sound better than CD's."
Don’t get me wrong @dynaquest4, I prefer cd’s to vinyl for the convenience factor & have invested a lot of money in my player (Vitus SCD-025Mk2). Playing some audiophile cd’s such as those I mentioned earlier, the sound is amazing. That said, i’ve a-b compared my friend’s Kronos setup to this Vitus transport/dac (see my previous post) and it was clearly better on well recorded 180gm vinyl. You pays, you gets as they say..
Both LP's and CD's can vary in SQ depending upon the mastering. For LP's I prefer first (earliest) masterings. CD's - sometimes first masters sound better, sometimes not. One can only listen. I buy my LP's and CD's online: EBAY and Reverb. Both new and used. Great selection and easy to compare prices. My last purchase from the BAY was Converge's Jane Doe ($5) and the White Stripes's Ickg Thump ($1) + $5 shipping. $11 total. Seller was enientertainment. Check them out - 4000 + CD's at good prices - and will combine shipping!