Dahlquist DQ10

New user, first post. I don't consider myself an audiophile...haha.  I have the opportunity to purchase a set of DQ 10's @ $375 for the pair.  Been on the 'Google' researching but figured I'd just get some new info here.  Is this a good deal?  They have been re-foamed but no tweaking of the electronics.  Seller says they have not been used much.  Will my Yamaha RX V677  7.1 SS receiver have sufficient power for these if used in 2 channel mode?  I find conflicting opinions about this.  I remember these when they first came out in the 70's and the reviews were fantastic.  Just wonder if they still compare to today's speakers.  Thanks!
128x128sejodiren
 I recommend replacing the woofers
Don't replace the original woofers, just have them re-foamed if need be.  Regnar, (the Dahlquist factory guys) can re-foam them.  Bill Legall at MillerSound can do them justice too.  Even if you had toasted voice coils, they can be redone also. 

http://www.regnar.com/
http://millersound.com/
@ celander...yea, these were one owner, an electrical engineer.  He had the woofers re-foamed.  Crossover boards are all original and pretty much dust free.  He took care of them.  On another note.....I spent a few hours yesterday listening to many of my records...and some CD's too.  It's as if it's all new recordings or remasters!  Jazz and classical were especially amazing. Heard things I've not heard before.  My house is 103 years old so the living room is small by today's standards.  Best sounding speakers I've ever owned.  I owned a set of KLH 3-ways back in about '75.....those were close as far as I remember.  Picked up some records at the local used place yesterday.  Time to chill......
I know that this post is a few months old, but wanted to give my listening perspective with the DQ10s.  First, they like clean power with a lot of headroom.  In my initial impression about a month ago, I used a Primaluna integrated tube amp with EL34 tubes and they sounded great in my small room (10X9X9) playing at 11:00 o'clock on volume and hitting 85db peak.  I then used an Onkyo Integra integrated amp and the DQ10s sounded thin and the mids/bass almost non-existent (bigger room and not enough RMS watts).  While the specs on the 5.9 integra should have been good enough it just didn't do the DQ10s justice.  So I put the PS Audio 200c on duty (8 ohms @ 200, 4 ohms @ 400 & 1.5 ohms @ 1000) with a Sanyo Plus Series amp (vintage warm sound with no hint of sibilance).  The change was incredible, to say the least.  The mids/bass had a fullness that felt like I added a sub and imaging, clarity and air (like somebody turned up the reverb button where none exists) was awesome.  Room size increased to 15WX20LX10H and playing at 11:00 or 12:00 on the volume barely gets the PS Audio warm to the touch (3 hours playtime today 10/26/2018).  I compared the DQ10s to the Martin Logans with built-in subs (ML had more air but mids/bass were comparable); Wharfdales (laid back and warm which is similar in the DQ10s); Klipsch RF 7 (more clarity in the highs but can be fatiguing if not paired with the right equipment) and others.  Based on my listening experience in my rooms (3 music rooms with 1 dedicated) the DQ10s can more than hold up their own in the right room with clean power and a good source.  I have the DQ10s 32" from the back wall and 20" from the side walls and I'm six feet in the sweet spot.  One final note.  I got my DQ 10s in very good shape for $100 a piece (mirrored and cones were redone by the owner who had 5 DQ10s and some Advent speakers) and was a tremendous find.  The PS Audio 200c can be had on eBay for around $700 the last time I looked. 
Hey!  OP here.....nice write-up.  I just love these speakers.  I don't have the equipment that all you folks own but my ears are still being amazed when I play something that I haven't heard in a while.  Still using my 7.2 'yammy' and a Grado Black.  Might go power amp for xmas but my room is about 15 by 15 with 9 foot ceilings.  And I don't do 'loud' much anymore....mostly jazz these days though I do on occasion 'rock the dump'.  Thx for the input....