Speaker Choice for Almarro 318B

Guys, I'm a budding audiophile looking to jump up to tube amps after a few years with an Arcam/B&W integrated combo. I've become smitten with the Almarro 318B integrated tube amp and now I'm in the market for some affordable speakers that will suit the amp better than my B&W DM 602 S3 speakers. The room is approx 14'X 16', hardwood floors with a small area rug, celings are approx 10' high. Speakers will need to be placed close to the wall. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that veers from noise rock to experimental electro acoustic to HEAVY avant metal ala Sunn O))) to more traditional things like PJ Harvey and Radiohead. I'm in need of a good speaker recommendation. I've been looking into Green Mountain Audio Europas, Zu Tones, Gallo Ref 3.1s, and the Omega Super XRS speakers. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If I had the cash I would get the GMA Callistos based on reputation, or the Zu Druids, but I don't think I even have the space for these speakers. I am leaning toward a used pair of Europas for $650 shipped. Should I take the plunge? Please help! I want a speaker that will be a noticeable step up from my current setup...Will the GMA Europas mix well with the Almarro 318B? Thanks!
mbleming
Hi
There is ONLY one speaker I can warmly recommend to you.
Coral Beta 8 inch ir 10 inch.
I have a few pairs and never found anything better.
Regards
Daniel
MElbourne
ZU AUDIO. Great speakers. Any model would be a great match.
I used to have an Almarro 318A. It was nice. I used Proac Signature 2000's with it without any problems. The Proacs are 87db, 8 ohm speakers. The volume went high enough for me. Maybe a little soft sounding. Mine was the A version not like yours the B. Maybe that's why it was a bit soft. The A has no negative feedback. Any 8 ohm 90 db or higher speakers should work good with your Almarro for most situations.
08-31-11: Mezzanine
Maybe a little soft sounding. Mine was the A version not like yours the B. Maybe that's why it was a bit soft.
I traded several emails with the owner and designer of all Almarro equipment, Mr. Muramata(sp?) when 318A was a fairly new product. He said the "A" had an intentionally soft top end for Japanese customers who primarily listened to classic jazz on vinyl where there was a lot of background hiss/noise. They had just released the "B" which featured a larger and better output transformer and had more extended frequency range. I was upgraded to the "B" and found it to be a far better amp in all regards.