Good, Affordable Horns?

I've often thought about adding a pair of horn loaded speakers, like say a pair of Klipsch La Scala, to my collection, but I've not heard enough horn loaded speakers to really know the differences, or what works and what doesn't. What are some good ones for under say $2K? What do these give up say compared to some of the larger and more expensive horn loaded speakers I've seen in AUdiogon user systems? The Jadis Eurythmie are one such pair I've seen that appear out of this world, but also must cost a small fortune.
128x128mapman
I owned a pair of Klipsch Forte II for over 15 years. When I knocked on the cabinet, it appropriately sounded like someone knocking on wood, there was no ringing sound. Kilpsch is a fine speaker.
yes a very thin piece of wood with almost no internal bracing. My buddy uses Forte II as DJ speakers, they are good for that.
I have had Chorus, KLF 30, KG 3.5, KG 5.5, Hersey, some others I cant think of. KLF-30 were my last pair, got a pair of B&W 602.5 and never looked back.
Jaybo,

The Ohms are keepers. I have Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mk II's in the room where I would consider horns.

I haven't crossed the horn bridge yet, but if I were to, the Dynaudios would probably have to go to help finance them.

The problem is I really like those little monitors and am not anxious to part with them either.

I will probably look to give a pair of Klipschorns or some other good corner horns a fresh listen first somewhere if I get a chance. The nice thing about them is that they could go in the corners of the 12X12 room . It would be nice to not have speakers taking up internal floor space in that little room.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with what I have at present.