Dahlquist DQ10

New user, first post. I don't consider myself an audiophile...haha.  I have the opportunity to purchase a set of DQ 10's @ $375 for the pair.  Been on the 'Google' researching but figured I'd just get some new info here.  Is this a good deal?  They have been re-foamed but no tweaking of the electronics.  Seller says they have not been used much.  Will my Yamaha RX V677  7.1 SS receiver have sufficient power for these if used in 2 channel mode?  I find conflicting opinions about this.  I remember these when they first came out in the 70's and the reviews were fantastic.  Just wonder if they still compare to today's speakers.  Thanks!
128x128sejodiren
Haha.....love it 'waterzlife'.  In the late 70's, I had a friend who owned a Phase Linear 400.....can't recall the speakers. Thorens TT.  I still remember how it sounded.  Bachman Turner Overdrive f'n rocked the dump!  Fear and awe is a great analogy though! Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  Was looking at power amps on the ole interwebs today....
Here’s hoping they serve you and your music well! I do recall making a couple DQ-10 owners/customers very happy, selling them Hafler DH-500s, to go with. A very dependable and stable amp, still easy to find on the used market, with lots of available upgrades. In most, replacing the electrolytics would be a necessity, after all these years. One caveat: fan noise, especially if you push it hard.  ie: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xhafler+500...
Thanks rodman99999!  I'm kind of leery about buying used so I was just looking at new.  Yikes....$$$$  Probably wait till tax time next year.  I'm old and retired...haha. Gonna see how they sound first with my current  SS set-up.  I gotta think they'll blow away the Yamaha towers I bought in '96, even without some 'mega-wattage'...and to me those sound pretty damn good.  I also have a Klipsh 8" sub so I'm sure that'll compensate for the lack of bass response that I read these supposedly lack.  We shall see!
Here are the amps I’ve used with my DQ-10s over the years with great success:

Odyssey Stratos series, (the Dual-Mono was the best)

Anthem Amp 2SE+, (hybrid tube/SS)

Aragon 4004 MKII

Belles 150A Reference

Belles 350A Reference

Any of these would be much better then your Yammy! IMHO, the Belles 350A Reference was the best overall. What a FANTASTIC amplifier, but the others were no slouches...
I doubt that you will need a sub with them. Those Advent woofers in the DQ 10s have a nice tight bass!