Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Check out U.S. Audiomart for a sweet pair of CS 3.7 Les Paul Edition loudspeakers.  Hope these guys find a new home.

Happy Listening!

Jafant,
Yes,I posted my speakers for sale!As my daughter approaches college age,I’m looking to downsize somewhat.I may use my 1.6 in the basement?Im hoping to find the right person for them!They definitely are going to be different then what every body else has!I am original owner,have everything they came with! Wish me luck!
p.s. I’m still looking for a Jafant YouTube channel!All Things Thiel!

Much Thanks! corvette01

I am sad to see them go away from you. On the flipside, a new home is in order.  Are you going away from from Stereo/2-channel?

A pair of 1.6 or 1.7 would be a nice downsize. Perhaps someday I can build a youtube channel in partnership w/ some of you other fans.

Good Luck in the sale.

Happy Listening!

For the record, the CS1.6 is on my  upgrade list, as it has sophisticated, all-Thiel drivers and represents the pinnacle of the 1-series (pre-coincident driver) and there were thousands of pairs produced. There has been no expressed interest in the 1.6 upgrade, nor do I have a pair. So it is on the back burner, but simmering nonetheless.
Oh man, I’ve been spinning various records on my system and the Thiel 2.7s have just been killing it!
I’ve been receiving old Brazilian jazz/funk records and they sound gloriously huge and rich and punchy on the 2.7s.

Spinning the Police record Reggatta De Blanc - the 2.7s just reproduce this with such verve and energy. Having had the CS6’s long ago and then many speakers in between, one of the things I always missed was the Thiel’s way with bass - so focused, punchy and dense, vs the more bloomy quality of many other speakers. That’s what the 2.7s give me as well. Bass and kick drums have such a satisfying solidity and impact and density that just drives the music.

I can never see myself getting rid of these speakers. (Even if I buy more speakers).
Gotta sell my Thiel 3.7s though, within the next couple weeks! (I have some time off work to get such things done).