Will fine tune adjustments with protractor help with "brightness?"

Hello everyone-

I've had my TT setup now for 2 months. System looks like this:

Piega C10 Ltd speakers
McIntosh 402 amp
Technics SL1200GR TT
Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE II phono pre
MoFi Master tracker cart

My ears may be deceiving me, but I swear my vinyl cuts sound slightly brighter at the beginning of the album and soften a little as we near the middle. I set the cartridge by using the little white piece provided by Technics and it sounds great. I've been told by reliable sources that a good protractor, maybe even  Feickert Universal Protractor can help me get even more out of my carts. 

Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this. Thanks! Brent

128x128knollbrent
MOFI Master Tracker is a fantastic MM cartridge built by Audio Technica. It's essentially a VM760SLC in a different aluminum body. 
 Because the character of the sound changes as the cartridge moves from outer to inner grooves, it is reasonable to think that his issue might be ameliorated if he uses a different alignment from that recommended by the factory. However, I also do think it’s reasonable to expect better sound from a better cartridge. An alignment  protractor like the Feickert which offers several options might help matters in this case. Don’t use the Stevenson option.
Even with Technics own gauge and Technics own alignment (which is close to Stevenson) there is absolutely no problem with 10-15 different cartridges i have tried, none of them is changing sound from beggining to the end of the record like described by Brent. Maybe his ears are special :)  

The alignment will do very little with the cartridge signature sound. If it's bright for you then it's the cartridge, you could use alternative loading of your cartridge, maybe lower than 47k Ohm in this case. 
Try lowering the VTA. Sometimes that will tame the brightness on certain cartridges!
Dear @knollbrent: Yes, you need a good protractor like the one you name it.

The main reason for that is not onlt to have an accurate alignment but to stay away from Stevenson A alignment type that's what you have now. I totally agree with @lewm  and @invictus005 in that regards.

After you did it and listening to it maybe could be a good move to use a different headshell than the stock one.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.