Proac Response D30 DS

I currently own Proac Studio 140MKII which I’m very satisfiedwith ,sound is detailed and punchy soundstage is vast and dynamic are terrific I run it with McIntosh pre / power system with good results .
In the past I considered upgrading to Response D48R but realized that my listening room is relatively small and maybe I will have to upgrade to better McIntosh power amp to move them properly so decided that the D48R is really not for me.
I am considering now an upgrade to the Proac D30 DS( the dome tweeter version because I understood that dome tweeters last longer than Ribbon ones ) but no chance to make a demo in my country. I guess the overall sound wil be improved-more transparency,details and better soundstage- but I am afraid that moving from 2.5 speakers to 2 way ones will reduce the dynamics and bass I already have with my current Studio 140 MKII ? Is the the D30 a substantial step up over the 140 MKII ?
itzhak1969
I had the chance listening to the B&W 804D and Proac DT8 side by side it was a big surprise that the modest 2.5 way DT8 didn’t embarrass the bigger 3 way B&W double bass drivers at all they were very close in any aspect with minor advantage to the 804D.
The bigger suprise was that the 2 way D20 with only 1 driver was much better than the 804D with its 3 drivers !
that shows you how great Proac speakers are .
I'm not a B&W fan for many reasons and not all are sound related.  That said, I do feel that the Proac's are better better tonally.  To me, if you can't get the tone down right, then that's a non starter for me personally.
OK you all have me seriously interested in the D48R’s. I use tube components though and the 4 ohm load worries me a bit. I have driven some other lower ohm speakers without issue though. 

My room is 16x24 so I think I will be OK with them in here. I don’t listen to much music that will push the lowest of frequencies, but I haven’t ever had any issues with significant loading in here normally.
I have the D-40r which are similar to the D-48. I ran them for many years with Quicksilver V-4 (tube) amplifiers. They sounded great, but they now sound better (IMO) with an Aesthetix Atlas (hybrid) amplifier. My experience was that they needed more bottom end control and grip.

If you want to look my system is posted here on Audiogon.
If I have the space I definitely buy the D48R so I think will compromise with the D30 SR .With room size of 16x24 you should be OK with the D48.what is your amplification?