What phono pre am I looking for?

It needs to be quiet, fast, dynamic and not cost an arm and a leg, $1500? Plays nice with a VPI/dynavector 20x2 low without a sut. I listen and enjoy most everything but, the British Invasion, Willie Nelson, Gillian Welch and jazz take the cake. I have tubes, an LTA pre, decware set amp and omega speakers. 
The new channel islands peq-1 looks mighty fine and dusty uses the 20x2 as his personal cart, which can't be bad?  New or used no problem. 

128x128jmolsberg
violectric phonostage designed to match and adjust to all cartridges and loads you can think of and fits within your budget.

Since you like tubes, check out Don Sachs' custom phono stage.  I have one and it is quite good, albeit MM only.  It can be had right at about $1k.  You could use a Decware SUT or have Don add a transformer for step up for less money. 

Either of those options limits future cart changes to similar cart output.  Getting a Bobs Devices SUT with a couple of gain options is more flexible, but of course more money.  The Don/Bob combo is what I use and I'd have to double the investment to get getter sound.  

BTW, I also have the LTA MZ2 preamp.  Don's phono stage mates with the MZ2 like a glove.

jwm71

what have you compared Don's with? It is definitely on my short list but I am also concerned with having so many tubes. I would certainly have him build it with the step up..

Thank everyone one for the suggestions, I am absorbing too much info, sensory overload. Discrete vs op amps, does anyone want to go there?
TRON Convergence comes in at that budget on a MC version. 90% of the performance of a high end TRON Seven phono stage at a snip of the price. Beautifully built to order (you can specify which cartridge you have and wish to match). Ultra quiet for a valve/tube phono - no audible circuit noise on my 104 dB/W Avantgarde Duos