Need new speakers

One of my KEF 103/2 died a few days back and now I am in search for a new upgrade speaker. I had my NAD receiver, Luxman CD, and KEF since 1992 and was very happy with them. Now have a Jolida 302B integrated tube amp, Rotel RT-1080 tuner, Denon 2200 DVD/CD player. Have a Wharfedale Delta 70 on loaner from friend and it does not agree with me that much.

Have auditioned the Epos M12 (like), KEF 302 (okay). Been reading on Polk LSi-15, Sonus Concertina and Silverline Sonatina.

My living room is smallish: 11 x 18 with oriental carpet. I know my wife won't let me have speakers placed 2 feet away from wall. Don't expect to get subwoofer for a long while.
I like listening to classical, jazz (old and new), old rock. Really like vocals: Nora Jones, Leonard Cohen, James Brown, etc. I don't listen to loud music.

Any suggestions would be apprecited. Oh, budget about US$1000.
natcire
Nat:

With a tube amp and a WAF to be mitigated, take a look at the offerings from Omega Loudspeakers . These are single driver speakers that are offered in a variety of finishes. They are excellent with tubes and vocal music.

Regards, Rich
Have heard that Polk LSI series of speakers might not be as "tube friendly" as other speakers. Something about they "really like solid state".
I am an ardent advocate for Vandersteen 1Cs because I think they are among the best bargains in speakers today. They have a sophisticated but unfussy sound that makes them suitable for all music. My wife has a pair that plays her favorite vocal and orchestral music very convincingly, and my son has a pair that plays his beloved rap metal favorites quite well too. I think that their greatest strength is their extraordinary balance. They avoid presenting any single outstanding virtue in favor of all around performance. This sort of engineering is a lot harder than it seems but it explains why Vandersteens have been so popular for so long. BTW: I've seen pairs of 1Cs available on A'gon for as little as $300/pair, a fantastic bargain.
Either the orginal Meadowlark Kestrel, the Kestrel II or the Meadowlark Swift would be a great choice. The original Kestrel is a wonderful, small speaker that disappears in a room but is extremely satisfying with all kinds of music. Not everyone likes the look of the Kestrel II or the Swift but they both sound exceptional at their usual used price.