Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

I will do soldering soon by myself, but kind of worrying about my soldering skill will mess up the 7.2 or not. Although Rob told me that's straight forward. 
Then you will have the confidence to upgrade your caps and resistors or build a full “hot rod” kit if/when it becomes available.  :)

Magico Q7 Mk II. They are $223 K
I’d like to think these would outperform a $15k speaker! But the SQ gap, if any, is not anywhere near the $$$ gap. All the more so if the crossovers are upgraded to premium parts. Maybe some of you CS3.7 or 7.2 owners will try Dueland or Path resistors. Anyone wanting to explore the outer limits with Dueland caps, however, will certainly need to go outboard (see Jim Smith’s outboard 

http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=5464). In the meantime, Tom Thiel’s parts choices will be significant quality upgrades while still in line with Thiel Audio’s performance/price sensibility.

Hi Ronkent, I have 3.7s and am also using a Rel subwoofer. Mine is an older REL Storm III. I like the fact that it takes a high level signal from my power amp and seems to mate very well with the Thiels. I have the Gain at about 1/4 power and the crossover set at a low 23dB to just add that foundational Bass under the frequencies that the 3.7 can produce on its own. Curious as to how you have your REL setup.. crossover, gain, placement? Thanks
hi arniespin,  i have the SHO s/5 and it is a killer sub.  the REL guy was here last week for a demo and said it was the sweet spot of their audio oriented subs.  i will check my settings later but have them much higher than you do. 

Good to see you - arniespin

aside from the 3.5 model, I venture to say the many of you guys own and support the CS 3.7 loudspeaker as a runner-up. What other gear is in your system? I concur that any REL sub is very easy to integrate into one's system.

Happy Listening!