New Thread on Steve Hoffman website that says Audiogon sucks

The funny thing is I feel the say way about the Hoffman site. I think it sucks!
taters
Audiogon has changed so much, still fun to read post , just don’t it too seriously, I like Steve Hoffman forum as well...
sfseay99 posts05-11-2018 9:52amThere are more whiners and cry babies here than on most other audio forums

Too many "snake oiler's" here compared to other forums. That turn off "potential" younger generation audiophiles.
When they see things like $200 for a fuse, or $400 for half a dozen little 1 dime size stick on "room conditioners" or $2k for an IEC power cord.

Cheers George
I have two complaints about the Audiogon forums, or more accurately about the people who post here.  

First, there are too many people who post emphatic, seemingly authoritative comments who do not have actual first-hand experience to back up their opinions.  Too often comments really boil down to “I have the XYZ amp and I really like it, therefore it is the best.”  

Second, there are too many people who offer pseudo-technical explanations for what they hear when they don’t have the engineering knowledge necessary to draw those conclusions.  Some examples: all attempts to explain why cables sound different from each other; all attempts to explain why one type of mounting platform or footer sounds different from another type; and comments that attribute a component’s sound to one or more measurements which usually is just parroting the manufacturer’s claims.  

The Steve Hoffman equipment forum is hardly perfect but it has more diverse opinions and there is a higher percentage of posters with in-depth experience than at Audiogon.  For example there are some threads at SH forum on Audio Note gear that are simply the best resource I know of regarding AN equipment.
Steve Hoffman forums are excellent except for Steve Hoffman. He makes stuff up to try to impress folks. Perhaps a sales tool for him. It would be so much better if he just didn’t comment. Not a fan of his mastering work either - good but not great.
+1 Shadorne.  I haven’t liked any of SH’s reissue masterings.  I don’t know why he seems to have the reputation he does.  Plus his “reviews” of equipment on his forum seem directly related to which mfrs have given him long-term loans.

Other than Hoffman himself, the equipment forum is pretty decent in my opinion.  It’s at least worth a look every couple days.