Proac response 2

i have a pair that has the surround foam rotten up, thinking about ordering new pair which cost about $500 ( original factory midbass driver)through Proac distributor, i was told these drivers are scanspeak special made for Proac,the least expensive way is to have them refoamed, anyone has them refoamed and how do they sound? also where did you get them done? the last choice is i have to order from proac distributor. Any info's will be appreciated and thanks in advanced
Best
Tim
pepericoz
Hi,
My name is Simon,i bought 2nd hand Response2 speakers,i received from seller yesterday,when i open up box i was shocked,they did re-foamed but looks very bad becasue they cut surround and put them together so looks very bad,i ever seen like this re-foamed(i think they don't find same size of surround bought little big one cut little bit and ajust it put glue and join together,when i saw the picture for list i can't see it also seller does not mention it,
so i need re-foamed response2,i was contact modern audio they said Proac response2 cannot be re-foamed only replace,
cost of woofer $325 each(if you need pair $650 plus shipping $30),so i bought $750 for Respinse2 if i replace woofer total cost $1430,now i am very confused whick way is best way.if anyone know someone can re-poamed Response 2 speakers please let me know,
If you can get the materials and are a little handy you can refoam them yourself. http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?8710-How-to-refoam-a-speaker

I had mine professionally refoamed. They look and sound great. I live in Phoenix, AZ and the Audio Doctor took care of it for me. The cost was about $200 including having him remove the speakers (they were stuck), shipping and reinstallation. I am not sure who did the actual work. He said it was a company that did lots of refoaming and repairs.

Did you buy the black pair recently sold on e-bay?
Simon,

I have seen foam cut, and spliced back together. It actually was not all that unusual years back. It wouldn't be my first choice, but just becauce yours are like that, doesn't mean they won't sound fine. I would listen to them for some time before I assumed they needed to be "fixed" If you simply can't live with the appearance, thats a different story.