Topping Dacs D-50, DX-7, and DX7s

These things are dirt cheap and getting some hyped up talk. Can change the filtering ect ect and uses the top Sabre dac chip, not pro.

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d50-dac.24...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
You guys think it’s better than the Modi Multibit?

It’s got almost the top ESS dac’s one for each channel I believe, someone said this,
"D50 and D7s use 2 x ES9038Q2M - ie one chip for each channel."

But as far as doing Redbook goes, I’m for Multibit still, but if you want to do DSD then this is hard to pass up, especially on Massdrop for $199 when they appear, I say now you'll need a trigger finger on the buy now button.

Cheers George
@kalali.
Pretty sure the article references having to supply your own power supply, not a great hardship as that way you can invest in a halfway decent ps not the usual cheap walwart. Or USB power is suggested will work too.

For the price it looks like a clear winner!
I'm tempted to buy one and put it downstream of my Node2 and see how it sounds. It might even be worth getting an LPS but like I'd need the amper rating on the power supply to get the right one.
The charging plug seems to take a charger like the one came with my Chromcast Audio.
If you do be sure to report back and let us know how it sounds!

You would likely need to email topping for their recommendation on ps size and rating to be safe
The Topping DACs seem to measure much better (with stock power supplies, no less) than the Schiit Bifrost and Yggdrasil. At least you’ll have a better chance at getting a properly engineered product.

I’m certainly tempted. If I ever have a need for an inexpensive DAC, the D50 will be at the top of the list.