Best speaker cables for Thiel CS 3.7

Hi guys,

Please give your experience on speaker cable match for Thiel CS 3.7
At the moment i'm using old Siltech LS4-120.
I would like to upgrade therefore considering Synergistic Research, Kubala Sosna and other brands.

Thieliste

128x128thieliste
No experience wIth gutwire, but I have been using Audience AU24 SE cable between my Ayre VX5/20 and Thiel CS2.4s.  Very open and uncolored.  Planning on upgrading to the AU24 SX version in the future.  
Hi thieliste,

I chose Tweek Geek Dark Energy speaker cables to pair with my 5i’s. Three runs of Duelund 16 gauge wire per leg (+ and -) terminated with Wireworld Rhodium spades and Sonic Tonic inserted in the connectors.

https://www.tweekgeek.com/dark-energy-speaker-cables/

Very, very good pairing with my Thiels and reasonably priced.

Dave

Dave thanks for the info.Did you ever compare silver cables to copper cables with your Thiels ?I have been told many times that silver cables on my CS 3.7s would be way to bright and forward.
The SR Precision Reference speaker cables I had used silver conductors and I never thought them to sound bright, only very open, delicate & extended on top. Same for Purist.

My latest discovery is Verastarr power cords and interconnects which use pure silver foils vs wire and are the most honest, open, and extended cables I have yet heard, with ultra-realistic, razor quick transient attack, yet impart no glare, brightness, sheen, or sibilance to the sound in my system. Bass is the most realistic of anything I have tried. I plan to try their speaker cables in the near future. Recommend you call Mike Powell at Verastarr. Great guy to work with and very creative/knowledgeable.

i obviously have not tried (not even nearly) every silver cable out there, but based on the experience I do have, I think silver cables get a bad rap on this excessive brightness issue. I suspect that many so-called “silver” cables are actually silver coated copper, which I have found to display an unpleasant upper treble region as well as other undesireable influences on the sound.

As you know, the 5i’s have the metal dome tweeters and are very sensitive to/unforgiving of any brightness upstream. I have definitely heard such from the wrong preamp, amp, and especially inferior digital gear over the years. And, yes, also with many cables, including pure copper in some instances. Stay with SR, Purist, Verastarr, and other manufacturers that extensively design and voice their cables using pure silver and I think you will be rewarded with a degree of air, open-ness and detail beyond copper without the bite that some lesser “silver” cables can have.

Dave