BaerWald vs VPI setup protractors

Which is more accurate? Recently I decided to check my setup on a Scout using both the VPI gauge and a Baerwald protractor. Using the Baerwald the overhang is dead on in both locations, using the VPI the stylus misses the mark forward by about half a millimeter. Can this small amount of variance have a sonic impact? Has anyone else found this differene and what was your solution? 
128x128gillatgh
Has anyone tried the DB Systems protractor?
This is an old design that is intended to align the cartridge, and then is most useful only if the cartridge has straight, square sides.

It does not align the cantilever.  That would be considered a fatal flaw by many.

@cleeds I'm not clear about designated overhang point in "That's how you can ensure tangency at the designated overhang point".

Can you kindly explain? Do you mean the OH must be measured only at a specific point?
jls001
Do you mean the OH must be measured only at a specific point?
Typically, you measure overhang at two points. But how can you be sure you've achieved tangency at either or both of those points? How can you be sure the phono cartridge isn't twisted so as to not be tangent at the null points? You can do that by using a mirrored gauge that aligns the reflection of the cantilever with an etched line on the gauge that bisects the length of the cantilever.
Post removed 
@2channel8,

The Conrad Hoffman protractor includes two reference lines for measuring print accuracy, both vertical and horizontal. After printing one on standard office paper, using my cheapo Brother printer, I measured the lines with my Mitutoyo vernier calipers - they were absolutely perfect.

I happen to own the DB systems protractor. It can indeed be used to align the cantilever, but ultimately, I find it's no more useful than a basic 2-point protractor.