who knows ZYX retipping or refurbish ?

Hello
 I've got a ZYX cartridge that needs to be retipp or repair, but no official dealer can tell me if the cartridge will be just retipped or refurbished or exchanged. Is there someone who already done it ? Especialy in europe ?

Thanx
andychris

I ever started a thread about ''irreparable cartridges''. However

nobody was interested. Chakster  ''sealed body'' is the reason why

such carts are not reparable. My first was Sony XL 88D

which not only was ''sealed plastic body'' but the body was also

''potted'' with dampening material. ''Sealed'' means ''glued together''.

For any repair on the generator the body need to be cut to get

access to the inside. My friend Axel was willing to do this for me

but by ''cleaning'' the inside he broke the coil wire . The ''old

master'' Mori san who designed the XL series stated that his XL

series carts are irreparable.

The ''sealed body'' by ZYX is made from acrylic. But to get access

to its inside one need to cut or drill holes in the body in order

to reach those screws with which tension wire is centered and

connects ''movable parts'' (cantilever/stylus + coils) with

the generator. According to Axel the suspension is the weak

part of the ZYX cartridges. But this means that to change the

suspension the retipper would need to drill or cut the body.

So, also considering the price of the ZYX kinds buying them

is a risky business in, say,'' the long run''.

@andychris 

That's not correct, they can repair your original cartridge if it's no more available on the market, but the price will be the same as if you want a brand new cartridge from the new serie.

Never heard about it, did you repaired some of your ZYX via official distributors or someone told you? My statement is based on my personal experience with ZYX USA  
I send my cartridge directely to zyx for an "official" repair and they done it because my cartridge was no more on the market and I didn't want the "ultimate" serie as I don't know them. I also had a suspension problem with another cartridge from ZYX, I send it back and they changed the suspension, so they can repair their cartridge, not only buy you a new one.

About the problem of sealed bodies, the problem is not a problem when you are the manufacturer, you just have to "crack" the bodie and place a new one, I think a new bodie should cost them at least 10$  ;-)
@andychris good to know, but you said the price was almost like the brand new model from the newer series, once i upgraded from Airy III to Premium 4D the difference was noticable. Which old model you decided to keep?  I believe the body is the same as the Airy and surely on the factory they could replace the body, but aftermarket retippers can't do that anyway. 

The sequence should be first informing about retip or refurbishing

and then buy a cart. Not the other way round.