New Rega Planar 6

Just got a new Rega Planar 6 and Dynavector 20x cartridge—replacing an aged 25+ years)Well Tempered Turntable with Dynavector 10x.  It’s only been a few hours but I’m impressed so far—and it’s nice not to have all that fluid sloshing around and the multiple adjustments (in my case mis adjustments) of the WTT. The Rega seems just right in terms of features, adjustability and-of course-sound.   Back to listening.  More after some time.  
fast
A friend swapped his LP12 for a WT when they came out. It had a more spacious relaxed sound but I thought it was a step down, musically. It had a misty grey veil over the music and wasn't as dynamic/PRAT as the LP12/Ittok. He was always adjusting the arm and eventually traded it in for something else.

It’s a little early for me  to compare the sound of the WT and Rega since I’ve only had the Rega for one day.  The WT had several issues—all the adjustments could be a good thing if they were done correctly but I really didn’t understand them and know  how.  The tone arm and bearing fluids probably deteriorate over time and should be drained and replaced.  Taking the WT for service or cartridge replacement alway ended up with spilled fluid.  There was no lever to lift the tonearm, something  I appreciate on the Rega.  The Planar 6 for $1500 seems very well made but much simpler and more user friendly than the WT.  More about the most important thing-the sound- when I’ve listened more.  
Fluid "sloshing around"? Are you sure you have the right stuff in the bearing well? The WT damping fluid is a thick silicon goo, which resembles molasses or honey. It doesn't "slosh", it oozes. You can turn the cup sideways and not have the silicon run out. It HAS to be that thick to be able to perform it's task.
Fluid "sloshing around"? Are you sure you have the right stuff in the bearing well? The WT damping fluid is a thick silicon goo, which resembles molasses or honey. It doesn’t "slosh", it oozes. You can turn the cup sideways and not have the silicon run out. It HAS to be that thick to be able to perform it’s task.
He didn’t say "sloshed" he said spilled. I have setup half a dozen or so WTT and the fluid is indeed a pain. Yes, it is thicker and would seem to stay in place, but it gets everywhere if you’re not careful and the cleanup is messy.

Not one of my favorite tables nor arms. Sound quality is pretty good when setup correctly. Actually the table isn’t bad, but that arm.

The new Rega Planar 6 is SWEET!  I've recommended and setup several of these.  IMHO, one of the nicest tables around for that price.