Revel Salon 2’s (used) or new Magico A-3 (new) ??

Have recently heard the Salon 2’s and think they are incredible. (I owned the Salon 1’s previously
and now own Golden Ear Triton Reference)
i love the Refs, and they can be considered keepers for sure, but think I may like the Salon 2’s
more, but of coarse did not hear them in my house. 
I have heard them twice now, and was super impressed (as was my wife the last time) and think
i May make the plunge.

My budget for this last speaker purchase will be ~$11k ish, give or take. So having said that, the other speaker on my radar is the new to be released Magico A-3, but don’t think I can have a pair in my hands for another 3-4 months.

Has anyone heard the new Magico at Axpona, that has experience with he Salon 2’s?

I’m solid on Salon 2 if I can find the right deal (have seen them going for $9k now) I may grab
a pair. I have a local pair lined up for $11k. 

So, wanted to take a brief poll and see if anyone has the experience with the two pair in question.

Thanks in advance!

telescope_trade
hmm, Magicos lower lines are really anything but etched sounding in my experience. 
Golden Ears tend to sound a bit dark and bass heavy

Weird. Golden Ear's Triton speakers are some of the brightest, most fatiguing I've encountered, even when driven by McIntosh amps. Ironically, in the same room where I auditioned the Triton 1s, I auditioned some Salon 2s. The Revels were far more tolerable and balanced, and I wouldn't call any Revel speaker warm.
Congrats on a fine purchase telescope.  You'll love them.  What electronics are you using?
Tdimler,

Thanks! Funny you ask right now as I am thinking about trying something and was going to start a thread on it.

As of right now, I am using a pair of PS Audio Stellar M700 monos, and GCD preamp. Sounds great, but wondering if class D is truly the way to go, so thinking about that long term.

Also have a low powered tube integrated (MastersounD DueVenti) that is BNIB And has been up for sale, but no takers. I stopped and bought a cheap $19.95 DAC at Altex just to try it. 😳

It is supposed to be a super fine amp, But is very low power 10 W/PC Triode, 20 W/PC Pentode. I asked Revel, and they simply said “try it” LOL! SO...i think
i may as well since no one seems to want it.

Drinking a few brews first to syke myself out to even open it LOL!

Stay tuned!

Of the speakers that have been listed here and at the price point you are looking to be at I would buy the Legacy Focus SE..These are store demo units (listed here). You could have a great speaker and keep $4k in your pocket. On another site I saw a pair of Aeris with an asking price of real close to your desired budget...With all that being said I'm so glad that I've found my "for life speaker". I really am sold on the Legacy sound, and my Focus SE's keep me in total musical bliss...