Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
@gryphongryph

Thanks for the very insightful info...I think I will not buy it now based on your views on the looks of the unit. We need more posts like yours on Audiogon. Very encouraging!

I think the 3400 comes with a roll of 3/4 black tape to help hide the front connectors if not used.

Kenny.
Supposedly they are coming out with a new faceplate because of all the complaints lol
If anyone gets a 3400 and can't live with it's perceived ugliness, I will happily trade my beautiful, perfect, 2170 for it. And I won't even ask for any money in addition. ;-)