New Processors passing HD Sound?

I recently acquired a pretty good Blue-Ray player (Sony s2000es) but am frustrated sound-wise since my Sunfire TG4 (or the TG5 for that matter) do not pass the new HD sound formats (DTS-HD, Dolby Digital-HD, etc.). Apparently the only way these formats can pass from the BR player is thru HDMI, which I will have hooked to my 1080p Hi-Def TV.
Does anyone know of a PROCESSOR (NOT a reciever - I want to use my own amp)that passes HDMI AND supports these new HD sound formats?
Thanks.
fplanner2000
I'm not sure I follow what you're hearing from these engineer-types. The 6-channel discrete out should be just as lossless as the HDMI, with the only difference being that it's being done at the player instead of the processor (after being transcoded to LPCM I'd assume?).

What are they saying the significant difference is?
Hudsonhawk: I'm certainly not an engineer, nor do I pretend to totally understand this. What they told me is that the player will only send HD sound thru the HDMI port, not the 5.1 out. Apparently that's how it is designed, maybe for copy-protection or something similar - I'm not sure - just frustrated. There is an explanatory chart on p. 48 of the s2000es manual, which is viewable on Sony's site (with a little digging) that explains what some of the outputs are. ALthough I don't understand all of it, it seems to confirm that the HDMI is the only source for HD sound from the piece.

Meanwhile, friends are telling me to just be patient, as there will undoubtedly soon be processors coming to market to deal with this situation (as there are already receivers surfacing from Sony, Denon and Onkyo). I guess the next several months, and especially CES in January, will be full of new HD processors as the big players weigh into this new "market" segment.

Thanks again for your responses to this point - additional comments are also welcome (especially if you're a Sony BR engineer).
My guess is that they were talking about the Toslink / Coax out, not the 6 channel discrete output.

6 channel discrete output will pass the lossless audio encoded on some Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs; because of bandwidth issues, Toslink and Coax can only handle lossy Dolby Digital / DTS.
C'mon. This is not a problem with the guys at the AV forums. You can get high rez audio via HDMI either in the original bitstreams (LPCM, Dolby True-HD or dts-HD MA) or, if decoded in the player, all as LPCM. They will have equal resolution in both cases but the design of the particular player will determine which options are available.

In addition, if the player decodes and converts these formats internally, the same high resolution may be available on the analog outputs. Again, the design of the particular player will determine if these options are available.

AFAIK, no current player will decode dts-HD MA internally.

TOSlink and coax will handle the lossy DD/dts as well as stereo hi-rez but, again, the latter depends on the specific player.

Kal

Kal