Full-Range to Monitors

Has anyone gone from a full-range to a monitor speaker? What motivated you to do so and were you happy with that choice?

rlb61
Just to clarify, I love the JL audio auto-eq, but wow, those are pricey beasts. 
As usual, I agree with Eric.
Newest issue of TAS has a Harley review of JL Audio F113 v2. With a sidebar about how to time align a sub. Time alignment is crucial. JL’s auto EQ is excellent. Proper EQ and time alignment make all the difference. I suspect that the people who hate subs have never heard it done right.
I recently went from Wilson Audio Sophia 2s to Focal Sopra 1s and a subwoofer.   Very happy with the change and can’t imagine going back to full size speakers.
Regarding subs, the Swarm subs seem to be getting good reviews, especially for the price, if you have space to place all four where they need to go.
I have tried many full range speakers in my room. Big Infinity Rennasaince 90's, Magnepan mg1.6, Horns. I just could not get them to throw a credible stereo image in my 12' by 24' long room. I have gone to Proac 1sc, with Marchand, line level, passive crossovers, driving  
Yamaha servo  subwoofers. I am very happy with it