Notable very small loudspeaker companies (other than Tekton!)

Let's give a shout-out to those very small speaker companies that make excellent products.  I'm thinking of true one-man operations (owner-designer-maker) as well as very small ones (owner-designer + a very few employees).

My nominees: Ryan, Prana, Philharmonic, Fritz, Watkins, Vaughn, Chapman, even Daedalus, Salk, Selah.

Who else belongs in this list?

How do they manage to compete with the "big boys", in quality if not in quantity?

128x128twoleftears
My top two have already been mentioned, but a hearty "2nd" to Danny Richie at GR Research (for DIY’ers), along with Brian Ding at Rythmik Audio, co-designers of the best OB/Dipole subwoofer in the world, and Bruce Thigpen at Eminent Technology, whose TRW-17 Rotary Subwoofer is one of the true innovative and breakthrough loudspeaker designs of the past 50 years. His LFT-8b Magnetic-Planar Loudspeaker and ET-2.5 Air-Bearing Linear-Tracking Tone Arm pretty good, too ;-). A genius? Name me one other company owner who has designed and built a SOTA arm, subwoofer, and loudspeaker (ever heard the LFT-6?). Arnie Nudell? I don’t believe it was he who designed the Infinity Black Widow arm. Pretty good ;-) speaker designer, though.
Source Loudspeakers in  South Windsor, CT.
 John Sollecito has been building great speakers 
at a affordable price for over 30 years. Bought my
first speakers from him in 1980.
+3 on Daedalus - Lou Hinckley is a craftsman - beautiful wood cabinetry and excellent sonics; also takes the time to communicate with you; and will not ship his speakers until he is completely satisfied with the quality of his workmanship