Revel Salon 2’s (used) or new Magico A-3 (new) ??

Have recently heard the Salon 2’s and think they are incredible. (I owned the Salon 1’s previously
and now own Golden Ear Triton Reference)
i love the Refs, and they can be considered keepers for sure, but think I may like the Salon 2’s
more, but of coarse did not hear them in my house. 
I have heard them twice now, and was super impressed (as was my wife the last time) and think
i May make the plunge.

My budget for this last speaker purchase will be ~$11k ish, give or take. So having said that, the other speaker on my radar is the new to be released Magico A-3, but don’t think I can have a pair in my hands for another 3-4 months.

Has anyone heard the new Magico at Axpona, that has experience with he Salon 2’s?

I’m solid on Salon 2 if I can find the right deal (have seen them going for $9k now) I may grab
a pair. I have a local pair lined up for $11k. 

So, wanted to take a brief poll and see if anyone has the experience with the two pair in question.

Thanks in advance!

telescope_trade
A pristine set of Salon 2’s would put a big smile on your face(op) and serve you well for many years. Be wary of the packing as it is the only weak element. 
In my opinion, (and not to be disrespectful) asking a dealer his opinion, will usually be limited to his products. And that's fine, it just should be disclosed. Similar to CNBC stock market recommendations when a guest discloses whether or not they own the stock. 
I for one, can appreciate someone like Audio Doctor giving advise even if they are a dealer. It’s kind of what I want & need (as I’m sure many people asking questions like mine would also appreciate) as I am kinda flying blind in that I cannot possible see everything out there. They did not try to sell me anything and only giving advise on what they like & hear. Just like me talking to all my friends about Audio.
But, just to be fair, and make everyone feel better, I am going to put Audio Doctor in a big “time out” with there noses on the chalkboard until they realize what they did wrong!
The only way I will let them out early is if they redeem themselves and sell me a pair of Revel, Paradigm’s or Legacys at their cost! 😉😜

audiotroy wrote:

the Golden Ears tend to sound a bit dark and bass heavy,

That agrees with my encounters as well.

I'm very sensitive to tone/timbre and I get why many people think Golden Ear is a terrific bargain.  The sound is big, pretty transparent, spacious, rich - a lot of sound for the money.  But it's always been a bit off, tonally to my ears, a bit dark and boring. 
@telescope_trade If I had 10K to spend on speakers on A'gon today, the clear choice--to me--would be the Vienna Acoustics The Music.  But then, that's just me.