Fidelity Research FR-64x

Fidelity Research FR-64x.....(with silver wire ).  Is this arm still considered  viable today ?

offnon57
Old heavy clunker. Same goes for the Lustre. People should let these things die. 
Dear @chakster :  Well, 99.9999% of the audiophiles in the world always listen the normal LPs not 7"inch records.

As I said Stevenson A is based on ignorance. Period.

Btw, don't " listen " to that so stupid people like those germans that have no idea to calculate Löfgren/Baerwald alignment. Not only ignorant but stupid.Period.

Enjoy your new toy.

R.

@invictus005 I have all kinds of tonearm (super light, mid, heavy mass) for my academic research.

Actually FR-64fx is not heavy mass, it's even said "low mass dynamic balanced tonearm", unless you're using W-250 counterweight with FR-7f cartridge (or SPU). Same with Lustre GST-801 with its 3 different counterweights, or AudioCraft tonearms etc. 

For me everything FR related started with FR-5e MM cartridge, then FR-6se MM, then PMC-3 LOMC, and finally FR-7f LOMC praised by my rich buddy Nandric. This old and heavy monster with original LineContact stylus (in perfect condition) is something special. I think FR-7f sounds better on FX tonearm, but maybe my 64FX is in better condition than my ex Lustre 801 which was nice for my MM cartridges like Pioneer PC-1000 mkII or AT-ML series. The FR-64fx tonearm is primary for FR-7f cart in my system. 

I want to keep two different arms on each turntable, light mass with MM and high mass with MC to learn more about different concepts.