Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
I was all hyped up when the 203/205 were first announced.  Then I found out that they dropped the Apps.  I was using my 103 to stream some hi-res of the internet.  After a few months, I finally decided to upgrade.  So, sold my 103 here and pickup up a 203 and a Roku.  The Roku doesn't support hi-res audio so now I do that listening on my computer.  After a few months I moved the 203 into the secondary system and picked up a 205.

I figured these are the last "spinners" I'm going to buy.  By the time they need to be replaced, hopefully 4k streaming w/hi-res audio has reached the quality of today's UHD Blu-rays.  Best Buy and Target announced that they will no longer carry CD's.  Walmart's not far behind and the selection on Amazon is also shrinking. Oh well, the world moves on.  

Glad to hear that there might be another production run.  I'm trying to justify the purchase of a pair of PM-3 headphones, but I think that they would be too big for the gym and I don't listen with headphones at home.  
bobag:

Interesting that you mentioned your 105 solving connectivity issues in your system. That benefit was a strong incentive for me to buy a 205. Remains to be determined if my system connection plan with the 205 pans out but, on paper at least, it may be an ideal hub to dovetail my tv/video and 2 channel audio.
Just checked Oppo Website and there’s now a link to register for a potential 205 production run.
Guys, I read in one of the other forums that Oppo is closing due to lawsuits and copyright infringement issues. Apparently, the plan is close down Oppo and create a new company.  I guess only time will tell, if this is true.  
I was reading that they spent considerable capital on investing and co producing the 4K chip and ultimately it set them up for a long term loss they decided was too much and therefore are closing prematurely in order to maintain service for existing customers for as long as they could. 
More to discover