Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
allenone973, is that NIB bdp-205 still available? If so, I’m very interested. Please PM me to let me know. Thank you in advance....
I was considering upgrading from my 105 to the 205 because I believe they had improved the shared DAC situation in the 105.  Too late as their stock is gone.  My 105 is amazing and solved many connectivity issues I would had in my system.   
As far as the media disappearing, I don’t see that as a consideration as I have a fairly large collection of CD’s some of which are SACD’s. 
I was all hyped up when the 203/205 were first announced.  Then I found out that they dropped the Apps.  I was using my 103 to stream some hi-res of the internet.  After a few months, I finally decided to upgrade.  So, sold my 103 here and pickup up a 203 and a Roku.  The Roku doesn't support hi-res audio so now I do that listening on my computer.  After a few months I moved the 203 into the secondary system and picked up a 205.

I figured these are the last "spinners" I'm going to buy.  By the time they need to be replaced, hopefully 4k streaming w/hi-res audio has reached the quality of today's UHD Blu-rays.  Best Buy and Target announced that they will no longer carry CD's.  Walmart's not far behind and the selection on Amazon is also shrinking. Oh well, the world moves on.  

Glad to hear that there might be another production run.  I'm trying to justify the purchase of a pair of PM-3 headphones, but I think that they would be too big for the gym and I don't listen with headphones at home.  
bobag:

Interesting that you mentioned your 105 solving connectivity issues in your system. That benefit was a strong incentive for me to buy a 205. Remains to be determined if my system connection plan with the 205 pans out but, on paper at least, it may be an ideal hub to dovetail my tv/video and 2 channel audio.
Just checked Oppo Website and there’s now a link to register for a potential 205 production run.
More to discover