First time tube integrated buy

OK, after years of messing around on the fringes of the tube world, I have decided I want to buy a tube integrated and see what I am/might be missing. Will be in a bedroom system mated to either Spendor S3/5 or Kef R300. Listen to lots of acoustic jazz, jazz vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, Gypsy jazz, singer songwriters. Torn between getting a vintage unit like a HH Scott 299 and having it refurbished and a more modern unit. $1500-2000 seems doable. Preowned is fine as long as its dependable. There is only one tech out here and he is getting old and talking retirement. I am kind of scared of lots of the Chinese stuff mabye w exception of Jolida, Primaluna. Not looking at low power stuff...at least 20-25 watts seems appropriate. Thoughts? All appreciated. BTW, going on trip soon to FL, TN so its a chance to see what I might get on the road.
joekapahulu
I also use a Cayin A88-T. The build quality of some of these Chinese amps is as good or better than some similar priced American gear. You should consider Line Magnetic as well. I have one of their DACs, also top notch build.

The older amps won’t have any advantage in sound quality. By the time they’re refurbished, you’ll basically have the equivalent of a modern tube integrated, but no remote.

I would consider a Cary SLI-80 very well built with excellent support by an American Manufacturer. Owned one for several years before going to Pass Mono-Blocs. 

Chuck 
I second helomech on the Line Magnetic Audio suggestion. I have the 216ia and it sounds stellar. This is one of the better Chinese companies that builds many products from the older Western Electric design....of older days.