Phono Preamps with "balls" ?

taking the cue from another thread about speakers with "balls" - what are some phono preamps that you have found to be the most powerful, dynamic and yet still sound clean.  
i turn on my digital sources and they are often much more robust sounding and would like to know if there are phono preamps that can deliver.  thanks in advance  
avanti1960
Doshi Alaap phono stage. "Balls" to spare. Also "bells" at times. But "bills" will be hard to pay after you buy one.  
... well not to hijack the thread, but now you've got me interested in the Violectrics @czarivey and @fsonicsmith. I checked out their website. The PPA 600 ticks off a lot of boxes for me. Anyone know how it compares to the PP1?  Google seems to know about that one only in German. 
translator in google works ok for german. 
written communication will be understandable.
for better understanding, ask to provide original and translated version of reply via "their" google and so will you in response with "yours". 

If you are looking for something that sounds particularly dynamic, but without a lean sound that emphasizes upper frequency attack on transients, that is a tough order (I.e., not some kind of fake dynamics).  The only phono stage that I really liked that seemed particularly notable for dynamics was the Lyra Connoisseur, but that has not been made in more than ten years, and I doubt that anyone would give one up for under $20k. 

I listen primarily to digital sources, but, I am still quite surprised by the OP finding digital to be much more "robust" and dynamic.  That may be the case with classical music, where the extreme dynamics makes noise an issue so it is harder to set the volume level to get the full impact of peaks without ticks and pops being really intrusive in lower volume passages, but, for most popular music first issued on records, the original records usually sound more dynamic than the digital versions. 

I don't know if the lack of dynamics has to do with the OP's phono stage, or cartridge, or setup (loading and VTA/SRA affect dynamics a lot), or overall system matching and compatibility.  I would not assume that it is the phono stage that is the biggest contributor to the sense of a lack of dynamics.  To me, the choice of cartridge matters a lot more.  Someone above mentioned the Decca cartridges, and that indeed is an example of a very dynamic and exciting cartridge.  There are other examples, particularly low output moving coils, that do dynamics quite well too.

Take a look at Simmaudio Moon Neo 310LPPhono Preamplifier.

I have the LP5.3RS - basically the same as the 310, with a couple of minor tweaks and when treated to good cables it really performs exceptionally well.
I'm not sure the optional external power supply would provide too much in the way of improvements with the cables I use with it, but I have read thet it makes a significant difference over stock cables.

The smaller 110LPPhono Preamplifier also performs nicely, is more affordable and packs a punch 

Here’s a comparison chart of all their models
http://www.simaudio.com/DATA/PRODUIT/40_en_comp~v~phono-preamplifier.pdf

I had an older version of the  Cambridge Audio CP2 to start with.
After sevreal tweaks I decided I needed a better quality Phono stage

I tried an LFD, which sounded very good in the showroom, but it was not a good match to my existing cartridge .

I then tried the LP5.3 - it was like listening to a whole new system - lots of punch - more vibrant.
Adding a great power cable improved performance significantly.

Simmaudio are well known for their phono stages - outstanding clarity, veratile, great dynamics, geat image and extremely quiet - even when cranked to full volume - no record playing :-)

All the "balls" I require :-)

Hope that helps - Steve