Phono Preamps with "balls" ?

taking the cue from another thread about speakers with "balls" - what are some phono preamps that you have found to be the most powerful, dynamic and yet still sound clean.  
i turn on my digital sources and they are often much more robust sounding and would like to know if there are phono preamps that can deliver.  thanks in advance  
avanti1960
Parasound...their phono-preamps have all the ability to "get loud" no matter what cartridge you're using.  

If you want to go the tube route, Audio Research.  I'm using a vintage PH-3 and it makes my Denon 103r MC cartridge absolutely sing.  I can imagine that a newer model like the PH-7/8 or one of the References would be a significant improvement.

Good luck on your search...

Arvin
Doshi Alaap phono stage. "Balls" to spare. Also "bells" at times. But "bills" will be hard to pay after you buy one.  
... well not to hijack the thread, but now you've got me interested in the Violectrics @czarivey and @fsonicsmith. I checked out their website. The PPA 600 ticks off a lot of boxes for me. Anyone know how it compares to the PP1?  Google seems to know about that one only in German. 
translator in google works ok for german. 
written communication will be understandable.
for better understanding, ask to provide original and translated version of reply via "their" google and so will you in response with "yours".