Phono Preamps with "balls" ?

taking the cue from another thread about speakers with "balls" - what are some phono preamps that you have found to be the most powerful, dynamic and yet still sound clean.  
i turn on my digital sources and they are often much more robust sounding and would like to know if there are phono preamps that can deliver.  thanks in advance  
avanti1960
I own a Simaudio LP5.3, a Violectric PP1 (can't believe someone else mentioned it-I thought I was the only one on the planet to own one), and a Manley Steelhead. By and large, I think that you can pretty much tell which phono stages are going to have the qualities that you refer to as "balls" by looking at the power supply. If it is huge, such as found in upper tier BAT or any Lamm or the TW Acoustics referred to above and the Steelhead, chances are pretty good that you will get those qualities. The power supply is the magic ingredient not only with phono stages but preamps in general. Look at any top drawer preamp that has almost universal acclaim and it is virtually certain it will have either a huge separate power supply (e.g. the ARC Ref 10) or a large internal power supply (which is second best). 
Powerful, dynamic, and ballsy sounding? Get a Decca/London pickup---they almost don't even need a phono pre-amp!
A blast from the past — the RTS 405. A broadcast unit from 1990, built to the highest standard. It reminds me of the Krell PAM7 I had 20 years ago, their last full-function pre with a phono stage. All balls — but it never made my heart melt with a Chopin Nocturne, so ultimately not 'my kind of sound'. But killer on rock, house, etc., anything with bass and drive. It needs a step-up for MC. So low-priced (when you can find one) you can try it just for a lark.