Jack DeJohnette

I have been listening to One of Jacks latest, "In Movement" . I think it is quintessential Jack and contemporary. Ravi Coltrane and Matthew Garrison really swim here and, to me, the three sound like an iconic jazz trio. Thoughts anybody? 
Greg
greg22lz
Yes - I heard a snippet on NPR and bought the vinyl when it came out a month later or so. Impeccably produced and fine musicianship from all concerned. Jack floats around the kit with a light touch; he's as much a lead musician as a drummer on this one.
@jafant  no real update on Jack. I have been listening to a lot of Coltrane. I saw 'Chasing Trane' and was sort of fired up again in a new way about his life and music. Qiute the musician he is.  My DeJohnette years go back a long way. I had a cassette tape of him that I listened to over and over during the period from 1978 to 1980, until it failed. I then bought the CD along with come other DeJohnette back then. That particular cassette was 'Gateway 2' and I still like to listen to that occasionally. I know there is a large body of work by him but I find myself more interested in live recordings, even if they aren't great recordings. Live has a much more interesting feel and energy. What about you?  Regards, Greg
More to discover