Jack DeJohnette

I have been listening to One of Jacks latest, "In Movement" . I think it is quintessential Jack and contemporary. Ravi Coltrane and Matthew Garrison really swim here and, to me, the three sound like an iconic jazz trio. Thoughts anybody? 
Greg
greg22lz
@jafant  no real update on Jack. I have been listening to a lot of Coltrane. I saw 'Chasing Trane' and was sort of fired up again in a new way about his life and music. Qiute the musician he is.  My DeJohnette years go back a long way. I had a cassette tape of him that I listened to over and over during the period from 1978 to 1980, until it failed. I then bought the CD along with come other DeJohnette back then. That particular cassette was 'Gateway 2' and I still like to listen to that occasionally. I know there is a large body of work by him but I find myself more interested in live recordings, even if they aren't great recordings. Live has a much more interesting feel and energy. What about you?  Regards, Greg

I buy every disc that features JD, especially, those that also feature Dave Holland (Bassist). Excellent suggestions as above Greg.

I will continue  to post as I learn of more JD recordings/releases.

Additionally, I have a very large, almost complete, Coltrane collection to boot.

Happy Listening!

More to discover