We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder

It's always interesting to see what people think motivates others. There is a fascinating dynamic at work in that; a person chooses their mentor, whom they will or won't trust - and that has enormous sway over the outcome of their rig, and their happiness as an audiophile. Worldview and unspoken priorities/principles dictate whom you do or do not trust. That, in turn dictates the selection of components and methods, what the HiFi looks like in front of you. Finally, that determines much of whether you will enjoy the music. So much of this hobby hinges on trust and disbelief. Especially with analogue. LOL    :)

Post removed 
One can substitute all the audio references you've mentioned with any other topic and it would handily apply. People need to keep an open mind, question authority and actually experiment, which science demands of us. Some like to cling to tenets and what they consider dead documents which results in zealots, fundamentalists, dogmatists and fanatics. I could have saved money if I thought that way but then, my stereo would suck.

All the best,
Nonoise

This ageing and carbonization is the only reason an old $2 industry fuse should be replaced, because it’s seen too many switch-on surges.
And a $100 boutique will be the same after it sees too many switch-on surges also.

A slow-blo fuse "ageing" right to left
https://peakpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fuse-8312-640x426.jpg

A fast-blo fuse "ageing" left to right
https://i.stack.imgur.com/0uqWX.jpg%20

Cheers George
Well, you’ll pardon me for saying so but they’re not ageing quite as quickly as your posts.