Dan D'Agostino Helius dual monoblocks, 1500w @ 8ohms

Rated at 1500W/8 ohm - 20 000 W /1ohm. Heavy league 350 kgs with the price of $250.000. And around 30 of them sold already !!!!!!!!

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/09/dan-dagostino-helius-dual-monoblock-new.html

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
No ones even mentioned this thought; Maybe some of us have a limited range of hearing! Oh my! Could you be one of those? Really, I go to audio shows and super expensive speakers and amps don't do anything for me. Maybe, just maybe my ears aren't that great. This is the untalked about subject. Does anyone else think their ears aren't up to hearing the uber best? Joe
I find Krell to sound better than other amps on my Martin Logans.

Bought one vintage Krell from the nineties last year, and now I have 3 different designs. All Class A.

It's great that they still can be brought back to original operation at Krell or by some certified techs spaced around the USA.

I find Krell to sound better than other amps on my Martin Logans.

Most Krells are just what's needed to stay flat in frequency response driving into the .9ohm load load that nearly all ML's have in the HF.

Sure other amps will drive them, but their frequency response will look like a tone control, instead of being flat across the audio band into the ML's.

Cheers George
My Dennis Had amp is hand made and cost 1200 bucks used (it was new less than 6 months before I bought it). I realize it's somewhat less that 1500 watts (around a thousand times less actually) but serves to make the point that not all great sounding things are expensive.
Frustee, Dan disn't design every amp at Krell. There's more than one engineer there.