Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66

It really seems like folks are happy if you can get over the retail price Per watt. .
It does eliminate the need for a DAC. That's a big dollar factor too.
Kenny, good to hear from you. That a lot to say from someone who has owned real nice audio gear including some great tube electronics. 
Can you comment on how do you like the room correction feature of the Lyngdorf and particularly how does it affect the sound quality in terms of soundstage, size of the sweet spot, etc.?
Lyngdorf lists the 3400 as Roon Ready and Spotify Connect are part of it's streaming services.
How good is the amplifier section of Lyngdorf? I wonder if it makes the most sense to use it as a dac/preamp and hook it up to a tube amp. Or is it shines the most when use it as a complete dac/preamp/amp package?

Does anyone know what kind of class D amp technology they are using inside - hypex/icepower? which generation? or something totally different?
Something totally different. I believe the amplification section is extremely good.
Scroll down this article until you see "Amplifier Class of Operation" in red font and start reading. Their solution is pretty interesting. https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/integrated-amplifiers/lyngdorf-audio-tdai-2170-fully-d...