Typical New Speaker Dealer Discount A Buyer May Expect

I'm searching for new speakers and am willing to spend around $7K to $8K, or so.  I'm wondering if that amount generally represents a final discounted cost off MSRP of $9K to $10K, or 15% to 20%?  This figure is what I've estimated based on a number of member comments in terms of new equipment discounts.  Do discounts vary significantly from dealer to dealer, speaker brand to brand in this price range?  This will help me in terms of budgeting and in terms of which speakers to begin the process of narrowing down for final selection, and whether to purchase new or used.
nolojunko

My new speakers went for 8500,00 and I got a 500.00 discount.  This happened only after I pointed out to the dealer that I had already spent 8000.00 in the past 7 months with no discount.  Never hurts to ask but don't expect to buy a Wilson or Magico brand new with a discount.

When I sold Audio for a living, we were told that the store had to make at least 30% profit on what we sold.  Some items have less markup than speakers which are usually done at 50%.  If a dealer sells at full retail, they usually net 40%.

The % off has much to do how well it is selling , and integrity of the brand. Also new models less so, as well as popularity.
First purchase from a dealer on a high ticket item 10% is good. I would try a bit higher discount on my next purchase. If you stick with one dealer, you can do very well, discount wise. Make sure you curb you attitude.
Curiously the Same question was raised also recently 
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

The responses there were also similarly predictable 
it's like asking "how long is a piece of string?", with the logical answer being "it depends".......