Speakers least affected by room acoustics

i have an acoustic problem, a high ceiling that echos. I don’t want any man cave treatments as I am the W Ain the WAF. Are there any speakers that would minimize this problem?
recordchanger2018
I have a really bad room acoustically speaking.  17 × 15  x 9 with a tin ceiling , speakers must be on the long wall because the sofa has to be on the opposite long wall.  This is because there is a door in the middle of the wall the speakers are on. 

There is also a door and window on each short wall,  2 more large 6' tall x 3' windows on the back wall...  its a tough room

I have owned about 10 pairs of speakers in this house, some sounded pretty good, some not so good.  Large speakers that go deep do worse in this room as opposed to small monitors with a sub.   The room has a nasty room mode that is centered around 40 Hz ...  This was easy to tame with monitors and sub along witha Velodyne SMS 1 to eq the peak.    

Although I never buy on impulse,  I did when I went to listen to a pair of Klipsch Heresy.   I sat down , listened to a bunch of material with the same amp i own and ordered a pair on the spot.  They checked off all the boxes for me, easy to drive with my EL34 amp, compact, 3 way,  sealed and can go close to the wall, dynamic and can rock out when necessary. 

Most importantly they drop off well above the room mode.  I run them full range with the subs x over set low .  My last speaker was the Revel m106 so its quite a departure , and as great as they were for a little speaker, they always sounded like a little speaker.   They just could not pull off a realistic bass guitar or lower piano registers like the Heresy can with the help of a sub of course.  

I think the Heresy's short stature and risers that angle them up slightly really help them work so well in a bad room.
I would suggest something a little different: Larsen speakers are designed to work with virtually any room and sound great.  Larsens are an updated version of the Stig Carlsson designs.  These come in three models, at different price points starting at under $2K.

They are designed to be placed on a long wall in your room, right up against the wall, compared to OB and/or dipoles that require placement several feet out into your room.  I used to sell these (no affiliation now) and I never found a room where the Larsens didn't work.

I sold a pair of Larsen 8s to a gent who had the worst room I ever experienced: 35' wide, 12' deep, 12' high, the front wall was rock and the rear wall (behind the seating position) was all glass.  Think of an enclosed porch.  On top of that, the preferred seating position was offset 2/3 to the right side of the room.  Long story short, after some careful positioning the Larsens sounded great, even in this room.

I have speakers in various rooms, including a similar room to yours with similar high ceiling and acoustic challenges and no ability to treat (WAF).

I’d propose fighting the acoustics in a room like that, especially if not able to do extensive treatments, is an exercise in futility.   That has been my experience in my similar room especially in comparison to other more amenable rooms in my home.

In cases like, that, I would propose not fighting the acoustics rather just let the music flow with more omnidirectional speakers that will fill the room with sound rather than attempt and fail at projecting it solely towards you. This will at least give the impression of what a live performance would sound like in that room rather than some artificially echoey mess.

I use OHM Walsh speakers in my room like that. I’ve also tried various more conventional monitor speakers in there as well largely to no great avail but these particular omnis work pretty well.
You may have the best success using digital room correction. Lyngdorf TDIA 2170 looks really nice. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on one.  
mofojo, good point!

If you are determined to fight the room acoustics, digital room correction is the ticket!

Or just go omni for a "playing live in your room" kinda sound, learn to love your room (its your own unique concert venue after all), and be done with it.