speakers for listener with Tinnitus

What speakers would you recommend that soften the highs etc., that might lessen the symptoms of Tinnitus?
128x128kitegod
What do you mean by that? Can you give an example of what happens when you irritate your tinnitus? For me, a little background noise helps. It "covers it up" enough to where I'm not too distracted to it.
Zd542

When I listen to high frequency audio with noise or distortion it aggravates my tinnitus. A couple examples include, talking on a cell phone or watching tv with the volume too loud. I now only use my cell phone on speaker so I don't have it pressed to my ear. Not sure why, but the cell phone really bothers my ears.
The thing about the Thiel's metal tweeter is it is very clean, no distortion. My ear seems to be extremely sensitive too this noise.
I was at Mass one evening and the hand bell choir showed up. My tinnitus was extreme during there performance. I'm assuming the answers in this thread could help in choosing a speaker that might suit my needs.
not sure if there is a speaker that helps, but i find when i have too much caffiene, i have a worse time with ringing. i did have Klipschorns and other horn speakers that would fatigue me more than my current setup but not sure if it was the tinnitus or just the speakers
Harbeth, model matched to your listening room size (except the HL5; supertweeters are superfluous if you don't have hi frequency hearing preserved Generally speaking under 30 years old) The RADIAL woofer is known for providing good detail at low listening volumes. It is one of the main reasons with extensive research that I chose Harbeth. A rebuilt QUAD 57 is a good choice also, but the bass is suboptimal (Pun intended)
Magico was mentioned and I wonder whether that might not in fact be true. They are one of the lowest distortion speakers on the market if not the lowest. They generate exceptional detail (I have heard the Q5) That should enable one to listen and be satisfied at low volumes. I'm going to do an audition in a month or so with the S1s to check exactly that characteristic. I am listening to an audition play list over and over to be able to accurately compare to my Harbeth compact 7s. Alan Shaw does not believe a fabric tweeter is any easier on the ear. He has stated in the Harbeth Users Group that it is the crossover that determines how the tweeter will sound primarily.

I would recommend downloading an app for your iPhone or iPad that measures decibels.I use "Decimal 10th." I generally listen at about 60 dB with peaks no more than 70 dB. I find that when I listen if anything beyond that, I have increased tinnitus afterwards.

The research is equivocal, but vitamin B complex and ginkgo biloba taken daily may be helpful. You can do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

Having an audiologist make multiple pairs custom hearing protectors, with varying degrees of decibel attenuation is a good idea when you're going to be in loud environments. Check out "westone." I definitely use them if I go to concerts.I think every audiophile should havethem to protect their hearing. Most smart professional musicians are using custom earpieces to hear music as they to protect their hearing.

I use a non-oversampling (Metrum Octave with Empirical Audio Pace Car; The Metrum modified with better transformer, BNC Input and silver fuse)which sounds more natural to me. In addition, one of the supposed drawback of non-oversampling digital to analog converter is a slight rolloff in the high frequencies. That is an advantage if you have tinnitus. High frequencies are high energy and more likely to cause hearing damage in the first place, and are more likely to cause exacerbations of tinnitus.

Tinnitus is a scourge to audiophiles non-audiophiles alike. I think you're very wise to be asking this question.attending rock concerts in my youth with no protection is one of my regrets in life. There are many professional musicians trying to get the word out to young people, among them Pete Townsend of the Who.
I respectfully disagree with the choice of Vienna Acoustics. If they still use polypropylene drivers, BBC research demonstrated that with polypropylene, sound energy is converted to heat and detail is lost. Typically audiophiles increase the volume to gain detail. Harbeth used to this research to develop their RADIAL driver. If I sound like a member of the Harbeth cult... it is because I am.