How good is the Obsidian plinth of Technics SP10 ?

Recently I heard an SP10 MK2 playing music at a friend's place. It was mounted on the stock Obsidian plinth. It actually sounded very good. I wonder how good is the Obsidian plinth compared to:

1. Typical after market birch ply plinths ?

2. Custom designed plinth like the Panzerholz plinths made by Albert Porter ?

Any ideas ?
pani

There are people who claim to have talked with the Almighty.

Hearing is of course the necessary condition next to ''some

language'' ( among other conditions) for such occurrences.

The question is why most will  refuse to believe  that those

persons have heard what they claim to have heard but accept

all other kinds of hearing as a fact? Then there are contradictions

in what x and what y has heard. I, for example, enjoy my Obsidian

plinth with AT footers while others ''hear'' a complete ''sonic disaster''

from all plinths made by Technics . I ask myself sometime if any

comparison is possible without exaggeration? Not in this forum

I think.

Perhaps it has something to do with level one plays back music and the feedback generated? I recall Peter Aczel initially not caring for the sound of the SP10 until he mounted it in the Cotter base, realizing then that the sound pressure generated by his current Janis woofers excited the obsidian base to the point of negatively affecting the sound. So those using the obsidian at more moderate levels and better platforms may well experience no sonic deficiencies. Just sayin.. Our opinions of products are almost always based on our listening environment, which may be hugely different from someone with another opinion. I’ll never forget a friend coming over, listening to my Trenner & Friedl speakers and ordering a pair the next day. But in his room they absolutely sucked. No bass or body whatsoever. I realize speakers are totally room dependent, especially in the bass regions, but I think the principle holds for everything. Widely-varying listening environments make for widely-varying opinions. Peace.
chayro
Widely-varying listening environments make for widely-varying opinions. Peace.

Very diplomatically said and true.
Widely-varying listening environments make for widely-varying opinions.

Well put Chayro, agreed.  As do widely-varying associated equipment and personal listening preferences make for widely-different opinions. 
it becomes absurd and anti-economic to spend more on the basis than on the cost of the entire turntable, it would be like using a Denon DL 103 and combining a € 2,000 tonearm ... some crazy does it surely but serves proportion in things and also know how to settle ihmo