Loom versus mix and match

One argument against the loom approach is that any particular deficiency in the designer's approach will be magnified. However, I'm not sure that mixing and matching can do anything to 'correct', for lack of a better word, the sonic shortcomings of any particular cable design. For example if a cable is harsh/bright, I doubt that using a warm-sounding cable from another manufacturer elsewhere in the system would have an effect preferable to the alternative of using neutral/well-balanced cables from a single designer.

Another thought: many people consider Nordost speaker cables to be bright, but how many people have drawn this conclusion using a full Nordost loom? Maybe the combination of Nordost speaker cables, interconnects, and power cords is needed to hear Nordost in the best light.
psag
Another thought: many people consider Nordost speaker cables to be bright, but how many people have drawn this conclusion using a full Nordost loom?

I have....twice. Once with Valhalla 1, once with Heimdall 2.

One argument against the loom approach is that any particular deficiency in the designer's approach will be magnified.

I agree with this. Sorry, but I have tried many full looms, and none has worked for me. I've had much more success mixing and matching.
Sure, it takes time and effort, but in the end, I feel that I get better results.
As always, YMMV.

That's why they make so many different flavors.
Some like all chocolate, some like Neapolitan. ;^)
I will concur with jmcgrogan2  to a certain extent, but think "bright" is not the best characterization.  I find Nordost (full loom) to be a bit forward and a little threadbare in the midrange with little harmonics.  VERY dynamic however.  As far as a full loom vs mix and match, I have tried both methods and find that with a full loom ( signal cables anyway) there is some synergy to be gained as all the cables have similar design "goals"/ positive characteristics, which is reinforced when you use the cables throughout.  The notable exception I have found is phono cables, where I find it is better to try and match the cartridge's characteristics when choosing a cable.  Just my experience....
I've always mixed and matched.  Trusting one manufacturer for all cables requires courage and commitent.  I happily use Nordost speaker cables in a tube based system.