Tekton custom grills

There are some active discussions concerning the delivery of speakers and specifically speaker grills for the incredible Tekton Speakers. But nothing on this forum. I'm now nine months waiting on grill delivery. Anyone else??
128x128brianpack
@Aniwolfe  I think this is a valid suggestion and this is what I did when I ordered the Lores from Tekton....and yes they asked me a couple of times if they could just ship the speakers and I declined and shortly thereafter, speakers and grills were shipped together. 

When you think about the issue from an overall business perspective, there are really two choices that are fair to the buyer...either ship the whole order at once...or if you are going to split shipments, don't bill anything until the final items are shipped thereby making the order complete.
In hindsight, I am glad it turned out the way it did. I was able to break in the DIs hearing how they were voiced (sans grilles) for two months. That gave me plenty of time to get them to work in my living room and become quite accustomed to their sound. Now that I finally have the grilles, I can tell how different they change the sound quite assuredly, whereas if I had received the grilles with the speakers, I would have frequently removed-added-removed the grilles attempting to see which sound I liked best. In the end, I like the sound with the grilles on, as it has smoothed out a problem frequency for me.

I like the idea of not having them ship until grilles are shipped with it. But wouldn't this also allow your speakers to move further back into Eric's queue? If he has hundreds to build, I certainly would want mine to be as close to the front of the queue as possible!

Karma was very responsive via email with me, and I reminded her I was waiting for grilles once a week. As others have stated here, being a customer who consistently reminds them you are waiting for your order pays off. It did for me. 

The grille issue is a silly thing for Tekton Design to get negative feedback over. IMO, this appears to be an easy fix. I looked at these grilles when they arrived and thought "what is the big deal? Couldn't Tekton Design hire a high school kid to just make grilles on the weekends for the orders shipping out that week?" They are very uncomplicated creations.

Great speakers! :-)
@kristofa

I am glad to hear the grills arrived and not only that. They help fix an issue with your room. For me personally, the grills take the inner detail and screw the imaging for me. They sorta hurt the attributes the tweeter array brings. I would recommend you fix your room and remove the grills when in use. My 2 cents.
I like the stories that I’ve heard from various owners of Tekton products.

1.Some are still waiting for their grills even though they already paid for them when they purchased the speakers.

2.A few people finally received their grills after many months of waiting and constantly asking for them,and then they realized their speakers have no holes to mount the grills.

3.A few folks ordered their speakers without grills and told the Tekton folks they would never need or use them and they received their speakers with ugly holes that they now can’t cover up.

4.Some haven’t never received their grills that were paid for and probably never will,but in a few cases it really doesn’t matter because these individuals either sold their Tektons or just gave them away to get rid of them and move on.Probably 5 yrs from now the Ups guy will put a package on your doorstep and it will contain your long lost grills.Woohoo.

Kenny.
I had to reread this thread and I’m glad I did because I missed this post the first time.

”I wouldn't call this operation a "manufacturer". "Amateur integrator" would be more appropriate. He's a glorified DIY'er with poor management skills.”

Oh my,
Kenny.