Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I am not expert on what manufacturing moved to China and when; I have not been involved with the company since the mid 1990s. At that time the only off-shore components were some European electronic components. My general impression is that the hi-fi music products were always assembled in Lexington, although some parts, including drivers, were made partly or wholly in China. Home theater products were made at increasing levels in China, more so after Jim's death in 2009. Testing and QC remained in Lexington throughout. These are my opinions developed from various conversations, but are subject to correction.

I know from other involvements that it has become increasingly difficult to impossible to source many sophisticated components from North America / Europe due to changing market conditions.
Tom,
You wrote "Regarding outboard crossovers, tread lightly. The crossover network works in an environment of the woofer magnetic field and the close proximity between various crossover inductors as well as vibration."

In my conversations with Rob on this, he said that size was indeed an issue for internal placement (this was re the 3.7), and that if one really wanted the best caps this would have be be an outboard mounting. Are you saying to forget about an outboard mod?